Publishers have several options for managing first-party data, including:
- Building a customer data platform (CDP) which allows them to collect, store, and segment first-party data from multiple sources in one place.
- Integrating with a third-party data management platform (DMP) which allows them to segment and target their audience using first-party data in conjunction with third-party data.
- Developing and implementing a consent management platform (CMP) to obtain and manage consents from users for data collection and usage.
- Creating user-profiles via registration to collecting demographic, psychographic and behavior data.
- Using offline data to enrich the first-party data.
- Creating and promoting newsletter subscription, events, or membership program to increase direct communication with their audiences.
- Using machine learning model that help to combine first and third party data, to learn more about their audiences and improve their advertising targeting.
These are a few of the many ways that publishers can manage their first-party data. Each publisher should evaluate their specific needs and choose the methods that work best for them.