Google Adwords Interview Questions and Answers 2016
1) Explain what is Adwords?
Adwords is the system that Google has designed to assist in marketing product or services in Google search engine and its affiliated sites. It will place a text ad that appears when people search for phrases associated to your offering.
2) Explain how Adwords work?
Adwords work on bidding system if the bidding price is higher your ad will appear on top of the Google page. Adwords works on “pay per click” that means you only pay the amount you have bid if someone taps on your ad as a result of a web search.
3) Explain why to use Google Adwords?
Google Adwords behave differently to traffic that comes from Google Adwords or “Pay Per Click”. The traffic that comes through surfing often visits the website for information, whereas the traffic via pay per click knows what they are clicking on and what they want to buy. So few visitors through Adwords might be more valuable than million visitors.
4) Explain what is Ad rank?
Ad rank determines your ad position on Google page, and it is determined by your bid for that keyword and quality score.
5) Explain how does Ad rank impact Cost-Per-Click?
Ad rank plays a huge role in defining the actual cost-per-click that your opponents pay, when someone clicks on their ads. Your CPC can be calculated by following way
Your Price = The ad rank of the person below you/ your quality score + $0.01
6) Explain how does a Google auction work?
Each month auction gets run billion of times, and the result are such that users find ads that are relevant to what they are looking for. The search engine processes the request and runs the auction that determines the ad positions and each advertisers CPC.
7) Explain what gets entered into a Google Account?
Once the advertisers determine the keywords that they want to bid on, Google will enter a keyword from your account which is most related into the auction with the maximum bid specified as well as the associated ad.
8) Explain what is Google Quality Score?
Google’s quality score determines how beneficial and relevant your ad is to the user, based primarily on your ad’s CTR, quality of your landing page and keyword relevance. Higher quality score keywords will save your money and earn better ad ranking.
9) Explain what is an ad group in Google Adwords?
Ad group is a container of your keywords, advertisements, and landing pages. Google rewards advertisers who prepare Adword campaigns with tightly structured ad groups. Its not advisable to include all your keywords into the single ad group, but to organize keywords into themes.
10) Explain what is conversion optimizer in Adwords?
Conversion Optimizer is a tool used by Google Adwords for bid manipulation and decides which clicks on the ad will be valuable. It can help you to return maximum on your investment.
11) Mention some of the Google Adword Ad Extensions?
Different ad extension can enhance the increase in traffic. Some of the common Ad extensions used in adwords are
- Call Extensions
- Location Extensions
- Social Annotations
- Seller ratings
- Mobile app extensions
- Offer ads
- Communication Ad
- Review extension
- Image and drop down navigation Ad extension
12) Mention in google Adwords that options can’t be changed after creating an account?
After creating account Currency and Time Zone, cannot be changed.
13) Explain how you can improve conversion rates?
By creating ads that match properly with keywords and create tightly themed ad groups, you can target users to the campaign that helps in conversions.
14) Mention what is the limit set for the number or characters for Adwords ad?
Limit for Adword is
- Description line 1st : 25 characters
- Description line 2nd: 35 characters
- Destination URL: 1024 characters
No images are allowed in URL.
15) Explain what is the meaning of CTR and how you can calculate?
CTR stands for Click through rate that tells the number of visitors visited on your ad on the web page. The formula for calculating CTR is
Number of click / Number of impressions X 100
These will give you an answer in percentage like what percentage of customers have viewed your ad.
16) Mention what are the type of Keywords?
There are no specific types for Keywords however they are classified on the basis of how likely is going to be clicked by visitors
- Research Keywords: It tends to contain one or two words – Tea
- Consideration: It tends to contain two or three words – Green Tea
- Purchase: It must have more than three words – buy loose green tea
- Loyalty: This must be shorter- Starbucks
17) Explain what is Google Ad API?
Google Ad API is designed for representing large, tech savvy advertisers and third parties. It allows developers build an application that directly interacts with Google Adwords server.
18) Mention what all things can be done using Google Ad API?
With Google Ad API, you can build an application that can do following things
- You can automatically generate keywords, ad text, custom reports and landing pages
- Develop additional applications and tools to help you manage accounts
- Synchronize Adwords data with your inventory system to manage campaigns based on stock
19) Explain how you can track conversions in Google Adwords?
In Google Adwords, conversion tracking can be done in following ways
- Tracking purchases by involving basic tracking code provided by Adwords and modifying it with additional code unique to your particular e-commerce platform
- View-through conversion window options tracks when a person sees your ad but does not click it (impression)
- By enabling your ad rotation setting to optimize for clicks, meaning that Adwords will serve the ads it feels are likely to be clicked
- By accessing search funnels inside tools and analysis, you can also know when customers clicked on your ad for the first time and how frequently they saw your ad before converting.
20) Explain what are the other two options for bidding other than C-P-C?
Other than CPC the other two options are CPM (Cost per Thousand Impression) and CPA ( Cost Per Action ).
Q21: What is the payment model for a YouTube homepage masthead advertisement?
Ans: These are sold on a fixed cost per day model.
Q22: How can you optimize your CPC-based campaign?
Ans: Focus on a high CTR, ad rank, and Quality Score.
Q23: What will Frequency Capping do?
Ans: It will limit the number of times an ad appears to the same unique user on the Display Network.
Q24: True or False: You can set individual bids for sites you select for Managed Placements advertisements.
Q25: Can you use Frequency Capping on the Search Network?
Ans: No, this feature is available only for ads on the Display Network.
Q26: Can you track the Mouseover Rate on ads built with the Display Ad Builder?
Q27: True or False: Topic Targeting is likely to ensure ads are contextually relevant to the sites they appear on.
Q28: Will all of your performance metrics be lost if you edit an ad with an ad extension, if you are using Enhanced Campaigns?
Q29: True or False: Using a color scheme that complements the image and branding on your site is recommended when using the Display Ad Builder.
Q30: Where are ads using images and videos shown?
Ans: They would only be shown on the Google Display Network.
Q31: For direct response marketing, which is the ideal bidding model?
Ans: Cost per click
Q32: True or False: YouTube homepage ads are available through AdWords.
Q33: True or False: YouTube watch page ads are available through AdWords.
Q34: True or False: YouTube search page ads are available through AdWords.
Q35: Why should you include a text ad in your Display Network campaign, even if you want to focus on image/video?
Ans: Not all publishers accept image/video ads, so having a text ad will ensure maximum coverage.
Q36: True or False, you can use a strobe background in your Display Network ads.
Ans: False, this will get your ad disapproved.
Q37: Which bidding model allows advertisers to pay by the conversion?
Ans: Cost per acquisition (CPA)
Q38: What is the best bidding model to increase reach and visibility?
Ans: Cost per thousand impressions (CPM)
Q39: What type of bidding model do reservation ads use?
Ans: They are a fixed price, so no bidding is used.
Q40: True or False: You can use Pop-Up ads on the Google Display Network.
Q41: True or False: You can use Print Ads through a Display Network campaign.
Q42: What is one reason to consider different messages in your video ads than in your text/search ads?
Ans: Video search behavior is different than search behavior on a traditional search engine like Google.
Q43: True or False: You can utilize pre-existing design templates with the Google Display Ad Builder tool.
Q44: Should you use a Call to Action in the opening image of a click-to-play video?
Ans: Yes, this is considered a best practice for this type of advertisement.
Q45: When would you pay for a TrueView in-search advertisement?
Ans: Only if a viewer chooses to watch the video.
Q46: What aspect of an ad would help set expectations for users in different stages of the buying cycle?
Ans: A clear Call to Action in the text portion of a text, video, or image advertisement.
Q47: True or False: You can incorporate an error message or warning box in your image ad.
Ans: False, this will get your ad disapproved.
GET PDF FILE HERE [easy_media_download url="http://www.365lessons.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Adwords-Interview-questions-and-answers-365lessons.in_.pdf" text="Free Download" target="_blank"]